Next up in our Meet Jackpocket series is Cindy Shen, Graphic Designer at Jackpocket.
1. What do you do at Jackpocket?
I am a graphic designer. I love concepting and seeing my work come alive. The first time I saw the Jackpocket app, I was impressed by the UX/UI design, and I thought it would be a good chance for personal growth to work for this company.
2. Do you have a favorite Ballstar?
The one with the duck float. (Editor's note: Check out the graphic at the top of this blog post to see Cindy's fave Ballstar).
3. What accomplishment are you most proud of?
Straight from China alone, and now I work in New York City.
4. What else are you working on?
The Perigives campaign is something my friends and I created to solve the lack of menstrual products for the homeless. Just print out the poster and put up in public restrooms, so people can donate and receive menstrual products right there. It was very successful. I art directed the whole campaign and created the branding. I’m also preparing some artwork these days. Hopefully, I can have an exhibition next year.
5. Where do you go or what do you do if you need to unwind or want a creative boost? How are you staying creative during WFH?
I go to a lot of galleries and museums. Also, I follow a lot of major creative media like Adweek and Creative Review for inspiration. The Internet is my best friend when I WFH, there are a lot of resources online, such as Dribbble and Pinterest.
6. Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why?
I would say Seoul. I love the food and how clean the city is.
7. What’s the first thing you would buy (or do) if you won the lottery?
I think I would donate some money to the World Wildlife Fund first. Animals are our friends, and we need to try our best to create a better environment instead of destroying it.