Next up in our Meet Jackpocket series is Fela Johnson, Jackpocket’s Quality Assurance Tester.
1. What do you do at Jackpocket?
I see myself as a “User Advocate.” I make sure the app runs flawlessly to ensure our users have a great experience while using it. My favorite part of the job is reading the great reviews on the App Store.
2. What's your favorite place you've ever lived?
I grew up in Lagos, Nigeria, then moved to London in my 20s and New York in my 30s. I’m not being biased, but my favorite place I’ve lived is Lagos. 😀 I feel blessed to have lived on 3 continents (Africa, Europe, and North America).
3. Have you ever experienced especially good (or bad) luck?
My “good luck” story is when I won the American Green Card Lottery. (Most people won't know what this is. Google it, haha.) It made me an American citizen.
4. What's something you've always wanted to try?
Travel to Japan and Singapore.
5. What's one thing (most) people don't know about you?
I was a Fashion Model in Nigeria and London. I’d probably still be modeling if I was taller, haha.
6. What accomplishments are you most proud of?
This might sound like a cliché, but being a Mom is simply the greatest achievement of my life. It has taken me on an unpredictable journey that can constantly surprise, educate, and excite me!
7. Would you live your life differently if you won big? Or keep things mostly the same—with a few upgrades?
I’ll keep things mostly the same with a few upgrades for sure. I’ll travel/explore more and also give back.