First up in our *new* Meet Jackpocket series is Meisha Brown, Jackpocket’s Customer Support Manager.
1. What do you do at Jackpocket?
Basically, any time players write in with a question — you’re talking to me! I manage all customer support communications that come in via social media, in-app messages, or e-mail. I love being able to interact with people in different states and learning more about the lottery industry. Ask me anything!
2. What are your lucky numbers?
23 is my favorite number because of Michael Jordan.🏀
3. Favorite app, service, or gadget?
I’m obsessed with Airbnb because I love to travel, and I’m always looking for new places to stay. Next on my list is Portland. And my 2019 goal is to visit Portugal!
4. What’s one thing about you that surprises people?
I didn’t see the end of The Lion King until I was 20. I always turned it off before (SPOILERS!) Mufasa dies because it’s too sad!
5. You’ve won $1 million and have 24 hours to spend it. What do you do?
I’d fly to London, my favorite city in the entire world. I’d visit my cousins, soak in the architecture, and eat lots of shortbread cookies.
6. Is there a cause, organization, or nonprofit that’s close to your heart?
Since high school, I’ve been working with a program called Best Buddies, which builds friendships between people with and without intellectual and developmental disabilities. You spend quality time with a person who shares your interests, go to meetups and the movies together, and basically become friends. It’s such a great program.
7. It’s Friday, and you’re in charge of the tunes at work. What’s the first song you play?
Anything by Frank Ocean.